Fashioned Forebodings

I'm shaking madly
sniffing sadly
awaiting my doom.
Drum rolls play
the sky is grey
I dwell in grief and gloom.

My mom drives in
that great car bin
dark and made of stone.
I want to shout
as we walk out
into the wild unknown.

A monstrous tower
of awesome power
and people march inside.
I then inhale
my face is pale
bravery, I tried,

But quake with fear
my end is near,
I know, I'm scared for sure.
We walk into
the deadly blue
and flamingo pink contour.

strange are smells;
like one who dwells
in artificial fauna.
The shoppers, gosh!
they look so posh!
like beauty's cruel persona.

The perfume is choking!
the displays, revolting
the music's nice, its true,
but people stare;
"how could you dare?
this place's not for you!"

But head held high
though I shy
away from mannequins
which, from their hair
and murderous stare
don't look like human beings.

The make up stand
the music band
the escalators too
the six large floors
the numerous doors
can't tell which one's the loo...

The polished tiles
the latest styles
the queues at trial rooms
the purses bare
the bright footwear
the attendant that looms,

breathes down your neck
well what the heck?
I can find my way around!
I'm not a thief
o good grief!
she'll wait till I have found

what I need
and God, i plead!
please help me to escape
this prison cell
this indoor hell
with halls of maze-like shape.

"Where is she?"
"where could she be?"
"To so desperately call?"
your curious...
I'm furious!
I'm at the shopping mall.

(I've exaggerated extravagantly in this one...) (*wink*wink*)

No comments:

A little peek into the absurdities of life